If Transistor won't launch, please try the following steps:
- First, please download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card. All the major manufacturers have released driver updates in 2015 which Transistor requires to run.
- Then please "verify the integrity of your game cache", which will try to detect file corruption and redownload them as needed. Instructions are here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
- If that doesn't work, try manually installing required installation files located here, by running them as an Administrator: ...Steam\SteamApps\common\Transistor\_CommonRedist
If you do not have a CommonRedist folder, please download and reinstall the required redistributables manually:
.NET Framework 4.5: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
Visual C++ 2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
Sometimes the .NET installation will fail. If that's the case, please try manually uninstalling .NET via Window's Add/Remove Program control panel, then run the installation file as administrator.
- Finally, find Transistor.exe, choose "Run As Administrator", and double-click on it to launch the game outside of Steam. Try this in both the x86 and x64 folders.
- If you are receiving an error telling you that the game can't access the file "debuglog.txt" and running as an administrator isn't solving this issue please try manually creating the file in the location specified in the error message.
If none of that helps, please run DxDiag, "Save All Information..." and send us the file "DxDiag.txt" as an attachment to email@example.com
If the game is crashing before it even has a chance to start up and generate the DebugLog, we can check the Windows error log. You can follow the instructions here to find where that is created after you get the Windows crash error message: