If you are having issues getting Pyre to launch, please try the following steps:
- First, please download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card. All the major manufacturers have released driver updates in 2017 which Pyre requires to run.
- Then please "verify the integrity of your game cache", which will try to detect file corruption and redownload them as needed. Instructions are here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
- If that doesn't work, try manually installing required installation files located here, by running them as an Administrator: ...Steam\SteamApps\common\Pyre\_CommonRedist
Sometimes the .NET installation will fail. If that's the case, please try manually uninstalling .NET via Window's Add/Remove Program control panel, then run the installation file as administrator.
If you did not download Pyre from Steam, you can find the required redist packages here:
- Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 (try this if you have issues with lua52.dll)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642
- Finally, find Pyre.exe, Right-click on it, and choose "Run As Administrator", and double-click on it to launch the game outside of Steam. Try this in both the x86 and x64 folders.
If none of that helps, please run DxDiag, "Save All Information..." and send us the file "DxDiag.txt" as an attachment to email@example.com
If your game is generating a DebugLog.txt file please send that to us as well. It should be located here: Steamapps\common\Pyre\DebugLog.txt
If the game is crashing before it even has a chance to start up and generate the DebugLog, we can check the Windows error log. You can follow the instructions here to find where that is created after you get the Windows crash error message: